Review: Lush Love Locket Bath Bomb


Hey lovelies! Today I am going to tell you what I thought of Lush's Love Locket Bath Bomb! This is the third and last Valentine's product I'll be reviewing - but if you missed the last two reviews you can check them out here (floating flower) and here (unicorn horn). I have to say that I was really reluctant to buy this (even though I love Lush) because 1) I'm single and heartbroken (so a bit bitter about Valentine's) and 2) the price - £6.95! But I still ended up buying it anyway - because I was too curious not to. 

What I really love about this bath bomb is the concept. The bath bomb is a 'locket' with the surprise of another bath bomb hidden inside that you can reveal by breaking the bomb in two. In reality though, breaking open this bath bomb was really hard to do. I ended up breaking it open with a blunt metal object (that really makes me sound like some sort of bath bomb murderer) and eventually opening it but it took forever. For some reason I'd thought it would just break open effortlessly, how wrong was I? Inside the bath bomb is a cute little heart but I was a bit disappointed it wasn't more exciting - like a deeper red colour or a yellow. You can in theory use this bath bomb for three baths, but I ended up throwing it all into one bath, starting with the heart in the middle. 




I'm a bit on the fence about what I think about this bath bomb. It turns your bath a pretty pink/red colour with cute little confetti hearts and a lovely sweet fragrance. However, I felt like I really wanted more of a surprise from this one, like with Golden Wonder, but was left feeling disappointed when I got exactly what I expected. That said if you're looking to have a cute romantic bath with your S.O or your own single pamper night - this is probably perfect. I just feel like there should have been a bit more of a surprise - as that's what I really love about Lush. 




The verdict? I do love the concept of this and the scent (it smells like sherbet to me) but I felt like I wanted more from it considering the price, even if you can split it into three baths! That said, if you want a lovely simple, pretty bath this Valentine's then this is perfect!

Thank you for reading lovelies! Did you buy any of Lush's Valentine's Day Collection? Let me know in the comment section below!

44 comments

  1. I didn't buy any of Lush's Valentines products, I sort of wish I did but at the same time I don't feel like I'm missing out tooo much. That said I would probably love the smell of everything if I wasn't trying to ban myself from going in there!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I want to keep myself away (because it's so expensive) but I always find myself drawn in by the new products!

      Delete
  2. I think I've still got this in my stash since last Valentine's Day! (I can't remember using it but I know I brought it haha!). It looks really pretty xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. £6 is a lot! Looks lovely for a romantic bath xxx

    www.lizzieroseblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO @ bath bomb murderer! That really got me laughing out loud! As you know I am still not 100% sold about Lush bath bombs yet but maybe because I am old and have to clean the darn bathtub afterwards. Now if my husband was the one cleaning it....maybe I'll love it even more? LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I'm technically a Bath Bomb serial killer LOL. Yeah it's annoying how some leave a mark on the tub! The ones that are the worse are the ones with flower petals - cleaning those up are a nightmare!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh Lush bath bombs are the best! Always so much fun watching how the water color changes!:)

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely lovely, Lush bath bombs are incredible! <3

    I have a new Valentines Day outfit on my blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great post, appreciate you breaking it open for the photo ^_- x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely! I just went to Lush today, and when I saw this I was surprised at hoe big it was as it looks smaller in most photos ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fact that this has another bath bomb inside! It's a shame that it was so hard to break though! This is quite expensive but I think it looks like another great Lush product :) x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was so hard to break, got worried I wouldn't be able to do it!

      Delete
  10. Ahh this looks like the cutest thing ever! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wanted to get this, but my local Lush sold out of it almost as soon as they got it!
    It looks really nice though :)

    Rambling Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don’t have this one :( I am going to have to go get it now after this review. Lovely pics & the sherbet scent sounds lovely.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should try it! (even if it is so expensive) - hopefully it isn't sold out

      Delete
  13. I love Lush Bath Bombs! I will get me one :)

    xo,
    http://cityfashiongirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, a little pricey but worth it anyway. I haven't had a lush bath bomb in ages!
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think we have Lush here :( but that looks like something I'd definitely want to try out. I don't take baths that often but I'd use to for special occasions/cosy nights in.

    xo naomiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a shame, Lush is such a nice place to go to!

      Delete
  16. That's the main reason I didn't get this cause it's too expensive for what it is really!


    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is, I was so reluctant to buy it!

      Delete
  17. I haven't used a lush bath bomb in years, this looks good though! I agree with you though very pricey for a bath product! xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've not had a bath bomb in ages either, and I'm absolutely SHOCKED at that price. Still, the concept is kind of neat, and the little confetti hearts ARE adorable... I am sure I'll continue to empty my wallet into LUSH's pocket in years to come....

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the price is really too much! But it is a lovely idea and I just had to try it!

      Delete
  19. ive never tried this one before but i always hear great things about it, shame its only here for valentines though :( x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, probably not being sold now, although there may be some left over!

      Delete
  20. I haven't bought any of the Lush valentines products this year, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this one! I thought it would be a tad plain and boring, but it looks amazing! And I would never of guessed about having another bath bomb inside, I would of just ended up chucking the whole thing in haha.


    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I kind of wish I'd just thrown the whole thing in, took so long to open!

      Delete
  21. I just bought this last week and have still to try it. Even though it's a bit on the pricey side I loved the concept so thought i'd give it a go. Shame you weren't super impressed though!

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah maybe I just wasn't that impressed because I wasn't loved up on Valentines haha, but it definitely has an amazing smell!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them and will be sure to visit your blog soon :) have a lovely day!