Review Lush's The Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar


Hey lovelies! I'm back with yet another Lush post, I think I'm really becoming a bit of a Lush addict... The Christmas Penguin bubble bar is one of those Lush products I've always thought was adorable and wanted to try, but never ended up actually buying or using but funnily enough I ended up with two this year as Christmas presents. So I was really excited to finally try this adorable little bubble bar. Scent wise, it has a lovely citrus scent which I think is a mixture of orange and lemon (I'm always useless at trying to figure this out). 

When I finally crumbled this little penguin into my bath tub, I felt pretty guilty. For some reason I seem to empathise with this adorable little penguin - I blame this year's John Lewis advert! I had 'Real love' stuck in my head the entire time, I guess seeing as I had two of these, Monty really did find his Mabel. If you have no idea what the hell I'm on about, you can watch the advert here. 





It really doesn't show up that well in the photos, but this bubble bar makes your bath a really pretty frosty blue colour and of course gives you lots and lots of bubbles. It also make your bath water really lovely, I could have stayed in that bath for hours. 

Comparing this to the two other Lush bubble bars I tried this year, The Christmas Hedgehog and Holly Golightly, it's my second favourite (Holly Golightly being my first). As a Christmas bubble bar, it's not particularly festive scent wise, but it's nice if you want something that's a bit more refreshing. If you didn't get to try one this year, have a look out for one of these adorable penguins next year as I'm sure they'll be back again as a Lush favourite. 

30 comments

  1. This is just too cute! Yes, I think I'm a Lush addict as well. I would recommend their bath melts because they make your skin feel so. soft.

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And thanks for the recommendation, never tried one of their bath melts before!

      Delete
  2. I love reading your little lush reviews. The penguin is so cute and I wish I could have picked it up. Maybe next year. I love citrus scents. :)
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, and yeah hopefully this year you can get one :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this looks wonderful! It is adorable ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would feel really bad about melting that poor little guy too!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so nice and bubble can't wait to use mine! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this bubble bar in my stash and after reading your review I'm even more excited to try it, will definitely be using it next. I really like the scent :) xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk | Check out my 100 follower GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, so cute! I love LUSH too! Unfortunately I can't quite see the penguin? >___< eeps!

    Seems so much fun anyhow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove all the lush products! I've used a similar chistmas product of them yesterday and just loved it! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Christmas products are always amazing <3

      Delete
  9. I love your lush reviews! Another gorgeous lush item. And who couldn't feel guilty, its insanely cute haha!


    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had a bath tub to start enjoying these bath bombs

    Wishing you a very very lovely new year.

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used up my last Lush bath booms 2 days ago and I can't wait to restock and try more. I am impatiently looking forward to our next trip to the next city where I can find a Lush store.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I always have to really go out of my way to get to a Lush store, which is probably a good thing as I'd probably be broke if I could easily get to one!

      Delete
  12. I see lush bathbombs everywhere over this christmas holiday, they look fab!
    best wishes for 2015!! :)
    www.fergzillas.blogspot.co.uk
    Fergzillas*
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so cute! I need to get into Lush bathbombs again! xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its so cute !

    lisaxbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  15. The penguin looks super cute, I know what you mean about breaking adorable creatures haha. Can't wait to try out my Lush collection :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying out Lush things is always so exciting!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them and will be sure to visit your blog soon :) have a lovely day!