Review: Maybelline's Baby Lips


Baby Lips is a product that everyone seems to love and rave about, so I thought I'd share with you what I think of it. I bought two, Baby Lips Pink Punch (on the left) and Baby Lips Mint Fresh (Right). I think the packaging on these is great as it's bright and eye-catching. They also smell amazing. Baby Lips Pink Punch has this really sweet fruity smell whilst Baby Lips Mint Fresh has a strong Peppermint smell. They retail at a pretty reasonable price of £2.99, which I can't complain about.
Whilst I think that the overall look, branding and idea of baby lips is great I was disappointed by it as it felt a little dry on my lips after only a short while. It's not that it's a bad product, it's just I have lip balms already that do a better job of keeping my lips moisturised. Pink Punch's colour is very subtle on the lips, but can be built up a little although the colour is quite streaky and fades away quickly. Mint Fresh on the other hand is completely clear. I like this product but it's not as amazing as it's been hyped up to be. But at the end of the day I think that Baby Lips works better for some people than others. 
Would I buy it again? Probably not, but if I did I'd buy the Mint Fresh, as I think it works best out of the two.

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below!

16 comments

  1. I've got four of the Baby Lips lip balms. The mint one used to be my favorite because it was clear and smelt super nice, but now I really love the 'Cherry Me' version. It leaves a redish color on the lips and smells soooooooooooooooo good. :3

    www.pixelatedrainbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try the Cherry Me just so I could see what it smells like :)

      Delete
    2. Like Sommer I also have "Cherry Me" and was quite happy with the slight cherry tint and it does smell amazing.

      www.steffysstyle.com

      Delete
    3. I've heard the tint is really good, so I probably should have got that one haha :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, I don't really get the hype about them to be fair, I think it's only cause if the cute packaging and the scent. But they definetley don't moisturise as well as other lip products do! X

    Lucy's Life Through a Lense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most of the lip balms I use seem to work better. I think it's a product that's a bit more style over substance.

      Delete
  3. I agree! I have the cherry one and I'm not a fan of it at all, I found it to be too glossy on my lips but no where near as moisturising as what I'd like it to be. Love your blog, gave you a follow on Bloglovin' :)

    http://signbeforeyouseal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel like the balm has an almost waxy texture rather than a moisturising one. Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  4. Baby Lips are my one of my fave lip balms !

    I've done the Liebster Award , check it out ! www.emeraldxbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, someone other than me doesn't like this! This felt really dry on my lips too, actually made my lips condition worst after using it.

    Shireen xx
    http://reflectionofsanity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me, I just can't seem to like them at all. They make my lips feel so dry! Thanks for the comment Shireen :)

      Delete
  6. I agree with your point of them being quite drying on the lips however I disagree with your point of the pink punch being streaky, it is really nice if you build it up on top of a really moisturising lip balm x
    jodieleighxo@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually still swear by these! And I thought everyone was in the same boat so its interesting to see the opposite :)
    I also love the Mint the most though, if I had to choose

    www.makeitraynex.com

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to either work really well for people or not at all - I wonder why!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them and will be sure to visit your blog soon :) have a lovely day!